Welcome to Clearing House Mechanism (CHM) of Yemen on Biodiversity
عقدت الهيئة العامة لحماية البيئة ( المشروع الوطني للتنوع الحيوي ) وبرعاية برنامج الأمم المتحدة الإنمائي UNDP ، ورشة العمل الخاصة بإعداد خطة العمل لتنفيذ الإستراتيجية الوطنية للتنوع الحيوي .
عقدت الهيئة العامة لحماية البيئة ( مشروع تحديث الإستراتيجية الوطنية للتنوع الحيوي ) بالتعاون مع برنامج الأمم المتحدة الإنمائي UNDP ، ورشة العمل الخاصة بمناقشة تحديث الإستراتيجية الوطنية للتنوع الحيوي.
National conference on the experiences and opportunities for «Green Economy», Yemen
The National Conference on the experiences and opportunities for «Green Economy» in Yemen, discusses the idea that the benefits of the transformation of Yemen to green economics , and that the means are now in our hands both the government and the private sector, and that this is the time to meet the challenge.
05/06/2012 , Hodeidah University,
- First South-South Cooperation Forum on Biodiversity for Development [posted on: 26/10/2010]
- Roundup: Talks begin in central Japanese city for global biodiversity targets [posted on: 22/10/2010]
- France provides €1 mln for biodiversity in Socotra [posted on: 27/04/2010]
- Yemen seeks to maintain islands environment [posted on: 07/04/2010]
News of CBD
- The Secretariat of the Convention on Biological Diversity and the International Development Law Organization renewed their collaboration for a joint capacity building program to support the implementation of the Nagoya Protocol on Access to Genetic Resources and the Fair and Equitable Sharing of Benefits Arising from their Utilization.
- The Executive Secretaries of the Biological Diversity, Climate Change, and Desertification Conventions are calling for the establishment of a Facility to secure finance for large projects that will help to address common issues.
- The international community has long recognized the interdependence of all countries with regard to plant genetic resources for food and agriculture and their relevance to FAO as well as the Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD) and its Nagoya Protocol on Access and Benefit-Sharing. Our interrelated goals regarding conservation and sustainable use of biodiversity and the fair and equitable sharing of benefits arising from the use of genetic resources builds bridges for synergistic work between the Treaty and the Convention.
- People are on the move. Political instability, extreme weather events and other factors have forced more people to flee their homes than at any time since the Second World War.
- With the Democratic Republic of the Congo depositing its instrument of accession on 4 October 2017, the Nagoya-Kuala Lumpur Supplementary Protocol on Liability and Redress to the Cartagena Protocol on Biosafety needs only one more instrument of ratification, acceptance, approval or accession to enter into force.