Welcome to Clearing House Mechanism (CHM) of Yemen on Biodiversity
عقدت الهيئة العامة لحماية البيئة ( المشروع الوطني للتنوع الحيوي ) وبرعاية برنامج الأمم المتحدة الإنمائي UNDP ، ورشة العمل الخاصة بإعداد خطة العمل لتنفيذ الإستراتيجية الوطنية للتنوع الحيوي .
عقدت الهيئة العامة لحماية البيئة ( مشروع تحديث الإستراتيجية الوطنية للتنوع الحيوي ) بالتعاون مع برنامج الأمم المتحدة الإنمائي UNDP ، ورشة العمل الخاصة بمناقشة تحديث الإستراتيجية الوطنية للتنوع الحيوي.
National conference on the experiences and opportunities for «Green Economy», Yemen
The National Conference on the experiences and opportunities for «Green Economy» in Yemen, discusses the idea that the benefits of the transformation of Yemen to green economics , and that the means are now in our hands both the government and the private sector, and that this is the time to meet the challenge.
05/06/2012 , Hodeidah University,
- First South-South Cooperation Forum on Biodiversity for Development [posted on: 26/10/2010]
- Roundup: Talks begin in central Japanese city for global biodiversity targets [posted on: 22/10/2010]
- France provides €1 mln for biodiversity in Socotra [posted on: 27/04/2010]
- Yemen seeks to maintain islands environment [posted on: 07/04/2010]
News of CBD
- It is my great pleasure to open this important meeting, the Sustainable Ocean Initiative Global Dialogue with Regional Seas Organizations and Regional Fisheries Bodies on Accelerating Progress towards the Aichi Biodiversity Targets.
- Biodiversity, the variety of life on Earth, provides us with a wealth of natural resources that are extremely important for the tourism sector.
- France, Mali, the Netherlands, the Republic of Moldova and Sweden are the latest countries to ratify the Nagoya Protocol on Access to Genetic Resources and the Fair and Equitable Sharing of Benefits Arising from their Utilization, bringing the total number of ratifications to 85.
- The International Development Law Organization (IDLO) and the Secretariat of the Convention on Biological Diversity (SCBD), with funding from the Japan Biodiversity Fund, hosted a joint capacity-building program to support the implementation of the Nagoya Protocol. During the five-day workshops, participants had the opportunity to review core knowledge they had gained from e-learning modules studied prior to the course, apply this to their country contexts, probe into more complex areas, and learn from each other.
- The Subsidiary Body on Implementation at its first meeting urged Parties that have not yet done so to submit their financial reports where feasible by 31 August 2016, in time for the preparation of documentation for the thirteenth meeting of the Conference of the Parties. SBI-1 also urged recipient Parties that have not done so to submit the completed questionnaire as well as updates, if any, of the existing submissions by the same date. <p>Parties can access the online financial reporting framework by clicking on the "Read more" link below (login required) and the GEF-7 questionnaire by clicking <a href="https://www.cbd.int/financial/survey2016.shtml">here</a>.</p>