Welcome to Clearing House Mechanism (CHM) of Yemen on Biodiversity
عقدت الهيئة العامة لحماية البيئة ( المشروع الوطني للتنوع الحيوي ) وبرعاية برنامج الأمم المتحدة الإنمائي UNDP ، ورشة العمل الخاصة بإعداد خطة العمل لتنفيذ الإستراتيجية الوطنية للتنوع الحيوي .
عقدت الهيئة العامة لحماية البيئة ( مشروع تحديث الإستراتيجية الوطنية للتنوع الحيوي ) بالتعاون مع برنامج الأمم المتحدة الإنمائي UNDP ، ورشة العمل الخاصة بمناقشة تحديث الإستراتيجية الوطنية للتنوع الحيوي.
National conference on the experiences and opportunities for «Green Economy», Yemen
The National Conference on the experiences and opportunities for «Green Economy» in Yemen, discusses the idea that the benefits of the transformation of Yemen to green economics , and that the means are now in our hands both the government and the private sector, and that this is the time to meet the challenge.
05/06/2012 , Hodeidah University,
- First South-South Cooperation Forum on Biodiversity for Development [posted on: 26/10/2010]
- Roundup: Talks begin in central Japanese city for global biodiversity targets [posted on: 22/10/2010]
- France provides €1 mln for biodiversity in Socotra [posted on: 27/04/2010]
- Yemen seeks to maintain islands environment [posted on: 07/04/2010]
News of CBD
- The future of the world's oceans is our future. Yet the present state of the oceans is troubling.
- On the 5th of June 2017, Kuwait ratified the Nagoya Protocol on Protocol on Access to Genetic Resources and the Fair and Equitable Sharing of Benefits Arising from their Utilization, an agreement under the Convention on Biological Diversity, bringing the total number of ratifications to 100.
- With recent commitments made by governments around the globe, the world is on track to protect over 10% of the globe's marine areas by 2020, announced Dr. Cristiana Pa?ca Palmer, the Executive Secretary of the Convention on Biological Diversity.
- Reconnecting ourselves to nature is sometimes easier said than done. Many of us live in cities full of concrete and use devices such as smartphones and laptops that, while connecting us to other people, often serve to disconnect us from the simple wonders of the natural world.
- I would like to thank Ms. Naoko Ishii for inviting me to brief the Council on the recent developments under the Convention on Biological Diversity. As you may be aware, I started my tenure as the Executive Secretary of the Convention just two months ago, and it is my pleasure to be here today to address you in my new capacity.