Welcome to Clearing House Mechanism (CHM) of Yemen on Biodiversity
عقدت الهيئة العامة لحماية البيئة ( المشروع الوطني للتنوع الحيوي ) وبرعاية برنامج الأمم المتحدة الإنمائي UNDP ، ورشة العمل الخاصة بإعداد خطة العمل لتنفيذ الإستراتيجية الوطنية للتنوع الحيوي .
عقدت الهيئة العامة لحماية البيئة ( مشروع تحديث الإستراتيجية الوطنية للتنوع الحيوي ) بالتعاون مع برنامج الأمم المتحدة الإنمائي UNDP ، ورشة العمل الخاصة بمناقشة تحديث الإستراتيجية الوطنية للتنوع الحيوي.
National conference on the experiences and opportunities for «Green Economy», Yemen
The National Conference on the experiences and opportunities for «Green Economy» in Yemen, discusses the idea that the benefits of the transformation of Yemen to green economics , and that the means are now in our hands both the government and the private sector, and that this is the time to meet the challenge.
05/06/2012 , Hodeidah University,
- First South-South Cooperation Forum on Biodiversity for Development [posted on: 26/10/2010]
- Roundup: Talks begin in central Japanese city for global biodiversity targets [posted on: 22/10/2010]
- France provides €1 mln for biodiversity in Socotra [posted on: 27/04/2010]
- Yemen seeks to maintain islands environment [posted on: 07/04/2010]
News of CBD
- Enforcing the notion that a healthy natural environment is one of the world's most important tourism attractions, and that visiting nature serves to heighten awareness of its intrinsic value for us all, a new manual launched today by the Secretariat of the Convention on Biological Diversity presents guidelines on sustainable tourism and management.
- The 2015 UEBT Biodiversity Barometer shows that an average of 69% of respondents in nine countries say they have heard of biodiversity, but additional outreach efforts are needed for the world to reach global targets on biodiversity awareness set under the Convention on Biological Diversity.
- On 10 June, HSH Prince Albert II of Monaco closed a historic meeting of biodiversity and Antarctic experts. The purpose of the meeting was to examine the extent to which conservation of the biodiversity of Antarctica and the Southern Ocean is realizing a set of ambitions agreed for the world as part of the Strategic Plan for Biodiversity 2011-2020.
- The Secretariat of the Convention on Biological Diversity welcomes Pope Francis' call to action in the face of global biodiversity loss, climate change and environmental degradation.
- As we celebrate this year's World Day to Combat Desertification, the message could not be clearer; in order to attain food security for all through sustainable food systems we must invest in our land. Soils represent at least a quarter of global biodiversity. It is the basis for the food people eat, the feed for their livestock, the fuel they use to cook with and the production of fibres for clothes and other uses.