Welcome to Clearing House Mechanism (CHM) of Yemen on Biodiversity
عقدت الهيئة العامة لحماية البيئة ( المشروع الوطني للتنوع الحيوي ) وبرعاية برنامج الأمم المتحدة الإنمائي UNDP ، ورشة العمل الخاصة بإعداد خطة العمل لتنفيذ الإستراتيجية الوطنية للتنوع الحيوي .
عقدت الهيئة العامة لحماية البيئة ( مشروع تحديث الإستراتيجية الوطنية للتنوع الحيوي ) بالتعاون مع برنامج الأمم المتحدة الإنمائي UNDP ، ورشة العمل الخاصة بمناقشة تحديث الإستراتيجية الوطنية للتنوع الحيوي.
National conference on the experiences and opportunities for «Green Economy», Yemen
The National Conference on the experiences and opportunities for «Green Economy» in Yemen, discusses the idea that the benefits of the transformation of Yemen to green economics , and that the means are now in our hands both the government and the private sector, and that this is the time to meet the challenge.
05/06/2012 , Hodeidah University,
- First South-South Cooperation Forum on Biodiversity for Development [posted on: 26/10/2010]
- Roundup: Talks begin in central Japanese city for global biodiversity targets [posted on: 22/10/2010]
- France provides €1 mln for biodiversity in Socotra [posted on: 27/04/2010]
- Yemen seeks to maintain islands environment [posted on: 07/04/2010]
News of CBD
- As cities move forward on implementing the agenda under the Convention, they will show that they can lead the way in sustainably using biodiversity and the ecosystem services it underpins, as the basis for addressing water and food security, disaster risk reduction, climate change mitigation and adaptation, and other key issues.
- Recognizing that wildlife is an important renewable natural resource, with economic, cultural, nutritional and recreational value to humans, Parties at the twelfth meeting of the Conference of the Parties (COP 12), held in Pyeongchang, Republic of Korea, have passed a landmark decision on the sustainable use of biodiversity with regards to bushmeat and sustainable wildlife management.
- The High Level Segment of the 12th meeting of the Conference of the Parties to the Convention on Biological Diversity adopted the Gangwon Declaration on Biodiversity for Sustainable Development
- The Convention on Biological Diversity closed the 12th meeting of the Conference of the Parties today with Governments committing to step up actions to achieve, by the end of the decade, the Aichi Biodiversity Targets agreed four years ago, and contribute to the sustainable development agenda.
- Governments have agreed to a series of actions that will further bolster the Nagoya Protocol on Access and Benefit Sharing, facilitate its effective implementation, and ensure that countries have the necessary resources to take the next steps to implement the treaty, which entered into force earlier this week.