Welcome to Clearing House Mechanism (CHM) of Yemen on Biodiversity
عقدت الهيئة العامة لحماية البيئة ( المشروع الوطني للتنوع الحيوي ) وبرعاية برنامج الأمم المتحدة الإنمائي UNDP ، ورشة العمل الخاصة بإعداد خطة العمل لتنفيذ الإستراتيجية الوطنية للتنوع الحيوي .
عقدت الهيئة العامة لحماية البيئة ( مشروع تحديث الإستراتيجية الوطنية للتنوع الحيوي ) بالتعاون مع برنامج الأمم المتحدة الإنمائي UNDP ، ورشة العمل الخاصة بمناقشة تحديث الإستراتيجية الوطنية للتنوع الحيوي.
National conference on the experiences and opportunities for «Green Economy», Yemen
The National Conference on the experiences and opportunities for «Green Economy» in Yemen, discusses the idea that the benefits of the transformation of Yemen to green economics , and that the means are now in our hands both the government and the private sector, and that this is the time to meet the challenge.
05/06/2012 , Hodeidah University,
- First South-South Cooperation Forum on Biodiversity for Development [posted on: 26/10/2010]
- Roundup: Talks begin in central Japanese city for global biodiversity targets [posted on: 22/10/2010]
- France provides €1 mln for biodiversity in Socotra [posted on: 27/04/2010]
- Yemen seeks to maintain islands environment [posted on: 07/04/2010]
News of CBD
- Indigenous peoples and local communities often refer to this Earth as Pachamama or "Mother Earth." The fate of Pachamama and of humans has been shaped over a history that has been intertwined.
- A new report from the Secretariat of the Convention on Biological Diversity discusses the potential for synthetic biology to have both positive and negative impacts on biodiversity and looks at the role and adequacy of existing risk assessment and regulatory regimes to evaluate the impact of these technologies.
- The Government of Peru has announced that they have achieved the highest level of implementation and management of Protected Natural Areas, according to the first performance audit by the Comptroller General of the Republic to the National Service of Protected Natural Areas (SERNANP) as part of a coordinated audit with 11 other public institutions in Latin America and the Caribbean, through the INDIMAPA tool and INDOSAI
- The Wangari Maathai Award recognizes extraordinary efforts by an individual to improve and sustain forests and the people who depend on them. The 2015 winner will be awarded US$20, 000 and will be invited to receive their award in person on 10 September 2015, at the World Forestry Congress 2015 in Durban, South Africa.
- Statement by Mr. Braulio F. de Souza Dias, CBD Executive Secretary, at the opening of the Regional Forum on Solutions for Oceans, Coasts and Human Well-Being in Latin America and the Wider Caribbean Region, Cancun, Mexico, 14 - 17 April 2015