Welcome to Clearing House Mechanism (CHM) of Yemen on Biodiversity
عقدت الهيئة العامة لحماية البيئة ( المشروع الوطني للتنوع الحيوي ) وبرعاية برنامج الأمم المتحدة الإنمائي UNDP ، ورشة العمل الخاصة بإعداد خطة العمل لتنفيذ الإستراتيجية الوطنية للتنوع الحيوي .
عقدت الهيئة العامة لحماية البيئة ( مشروع تحديث الإستراتيجية الوطنية للتنوع الحيوي ) بالتعاون مع برنامج الأمم المتحدة الإنمائي UNDP ، ورشة العمل الخاصة بمناقشة تحديث الإستراتيجية الوطنية للتنوع الحيوي.
National conference on the experiences and opportunities for «Green Economy», Yemen
The National Conference on the experiences and opportunities for «Green Economy» in Yemen, discusses the idea that the benefits of the transformation of Yemen to green economics , and that the means are now in our hands both the government and the private sector, and that this is the time to meet the challenge.
05/06/2012 , Hodeidah University,
- First South-South Cooperation Forum on Biodiversity for Development [posted on: 26/10/2010]
- Roundup: Talks begin in central Japanese city for global biodiversity targets [posted on: 22/10/2010]
- France provides €1 mln for biodiversity in Socotra [posted on: 27/04/2010]
- Yemen seeks to maintain islands environment [posted on: 07/04/2010]
News of CBD
- The twentieth meeting of the Subsidiary Body on Scientific, Technical and Technological Advice (SBSTTA-20) of the Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD) came to a close on 30 April 2016 with the adoption of a number of key recommendations that provide the scientific basis for enhanced implementation of the Strategic Plan for Biodiversity 2011-2020 and achievement of its Aichi Biodiversity Targets.
- As a vital part of biodiversity, migratory birds play key functions in the interconnected systems that keep nature healthy, including seed dispersal of plants for human and livestock consumption, ecosystem restoration and pest regulation, in addition to the important cultural, aesthetic and economic roles they play in the lives of people worldwide.
- The first meeting of the Subsidiary Body on Implementation (SBI 1) of the Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD) came to a close on 6 May 2016 in Montreal, Canada. Delegates from around the world advanced attention on national action by recommending tools and approaches for implementing the Strategic Plan for Biodiversity 2011-2020 and a more effective operation of the decision-making bodies of the Convention on Biological Diversity.
- The Toyama communiqué issued by G7 environment ministers has been welcomed by Braulio Dias, Executive Secretary to the Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD), for its strong support to both the achievement of the Aichi Biodiversity Targets as well as the theme of the upcoming thirteenth Meeting of the Conference of the Parties (COP 13) to the CBD, in Cancun, Mexico from 4 to 17 December 2016.
- The four reports, one each for Africa, Asia and the Pacific, West Asia, and Latin America and the Caribbean offer a regional perspective of the Convention's 2014 publication Global Biodiversity Outlook-4 (GB0-4). Using a similar approach and method of analysis to that of GBO-4, each of the regional State of Biodiversity reports contains a summary of progress towards a set of 20 global environment-related goals known as the Aichi Biodiversity Targets, followed by a detailed target by target analysis and a summary of opportunities and recommendations for policy and decision makers.