Welcome to Clearing House Mechanism (CHM) of Yemen on Biodiversity
عقدت الهيئة العامة لحماية البيئة ( المشروع الوطني للتنوع الحيوي ) وبرعاية برنامج الأمم المتحدة الإنمائي UNDP ، ورشة العمل الخاصة بإعداد خطة العمل لتنفيذ الإستراتيجية الوطنية للتنوع الحيوي .
عقدت الهيئة العامة لحماية البيئة ( مشروع تحديث الإستراتيجية الوطنية للتنوع الحيوي ) بالتعاون مع برنامج الأمم المتحدة الإنمائي UNDP ، ورشة العمل الخاصة بمناقشة تحديث الإستراتيجية الوطنية للتنوع الحيوي.
National conference on the experiences and opportunities for «Green Economy», Yemen
The National Conference on the experiences and opportunities for «Green Economy» in Yemen, discusses the idea that the benefits of the transformation of Yemen to green economics , and that the means are now in our hands both the government and the private sector, and that this is the time to meet the challenge.
05/06/2012 , Hodeidah University,
- First South-South Cooperation Forum on Biodiversity for Development [posted on: 26/10/2010]
- Roundup: Talks begin in central Japanese city for global biodiversity targets [posted on: 22/10/2010]
- France provides €1 mln for biodiversity in Socotra [posted on: 27/04/2010]
- Yemen seeks to maintain islands environment [posted on: 07/04/2010]
News of CBD
- Statement by the CBD Executive Secretary on the occasion of the 21st Session of the International Seabed Authority, 13 to 24 July 2015, Kingston, Jamaica
- To support the mobilisation and alignment of technical and financial resources for priority capacity-building needs, IPBES is developing a prototype Matchmaking Facility. This Facility aims to promote and facilitate dialogue and cooperation among institutions, organisations and individuals looking for technical and financial support, and those in a position to provide such support. IPBES is launching a call for proposals and pledges of support for capacity-building projects and activities under the prototype IPBES Matchmaking Facility, following up on the outcome of the third session of the Plenary (decision IPBES-3/1).
- Today, a new report released by The Rockefeller Foundation-Lancet Commission on Planetary Health has underlined that human health rests on a healthy environment and rich biodiversity. The report "Safeguarding Human Health in the Anthropocene Epoch", shows us how the health and well-being of future generations is being jeopardised by the unprecedented degradation of the planet's natural resources and ecological systems.
- Though there have been rapid advances in human health, the continuing degradation of our planetary systems does not bode well for its future. Today, The Rockefeller Foundation-Lancet Commission on Planetary Health launched a comprehensive report entitled "Safeguarding human health in the Anthropocene epoch
- Enforcing the notion that a healthy natural environment is one of the world's most important tourism attractions, and that visiting nature serves to heighten awareness of its intrinsic value for us all, a new manual launched today by the Secretariat of the Convention on Biological Diversity presents guidelines on sustainable tourism and management.