Welcome to Clearing House Mechanism (CHM) of Yemen on Biodiversity
عقدت الهيئة العامة لحماية البيئة ( المشروع الوطني للتنوع الحيوي ) وبرعاية برنامج الأمم المتحدة الإنمائي UNDP ، ورشة العمل الخاصة بإعداد خطة العمل لتنفيذ الإستراتيجية الوطنية للتنوع الحيوي .
عقدت الهيئة العامة لحماية البيئة ( مشروع تحديث الإستراتيجية الوطنية للتنوع الحيوي ) بالتعاون مع برنامج الأمم المتحدة الإنمائي UNDP ، ورشة العمل الخاصة بمناقشة تحديث الإستراتيجية الوطنية للتنوع الحيوي.
National conference on the experiences and opportunities for «Green Economy», Yemen
The National Conference on the experiences and opportunities for «Green Economy» in Yemen, discusses the idea that the benefits of the transformation of Yemen to green economics , and that the means are now in our hands both the government and the private sector, and that this is the time to meet the challenge.
05/06/2012 , Hodeidah University,
- First South-South Cooperation Forum on Biodiversity for Development [posted on: 26/10/2010]
- Roundup: Talks begin in central Japanese city for global biodiversity targets [posted on: 22/10/2010]
- France provides €1 mln for biodiversity in Socotra [posted on: 27/04/2010]
- Yemen seeks to maintain islands environment [posted on: 07/04/2010]
News of CBD
- Articles are presently being sought from members of civil society and indigenous peoples and local communities for the tenth edition of the CBD newsletter for civil society, [square brackets], being prepared to coincide with the nineteenth meeting of the Subsidiary Body on Scientific, Technical and Technological Advice (SBSTTA 19), being held in Montreal 2-5 November 2015; and, the ninth meeting of the Ad Hoc Open-ended Working Group on Article 8(j) and Related Provisions of the Convention on Biological Diversity, being held 4-7 November 2015 in Montreal.
- Young people between the ages of 10 and 24 comprise about 1.8 billion people, or about one quarter of the global population. This, according to the United Nations Population Fund, is the largest youth population ever.
- More than two decades have passed since the nations of the world assembled in Rio de Janeiro and agreed to adopt a sustainable development agenda, promising to chart a development path that is equitable, environmentally just and economically rewarding for all.
- Statement by the CBD Executive Secretary on the occasion of the 21st Session of the International Seabed Authority, 13 to 24 July 2015, Kingston, Jamaica
- To support the mobilisation and alignment of technical and financial resources for priority capacity-building needs, IPBES is developing a prototype Matchmaking Facility. This Facility aims to promote and facilitate dialogue and cooperation among institutions, organisations and individuals looking for technical and financial support, and those in a position to provide such support. IPBES is launching a call for proposals and pledges of support for capacity-building projects and activities under the prototype IPBES Matchmaking Facility, following up on the outcome of the third session of the Plenary (decision IPBES-3/1).